- The annual Cuyahoga River Area of Concern (AOC Conference) symposium is scheduled for September 11 & 12, 2019 in Cleveland, Ohio.The United States Environmental Protection Agency and the Ohio Lake Erie Commission, in partnership with Ohio Environmental Protection Agency requests that you save the date for the 2019 Areas of Concern Annual Conference. Please mark your calendars, reserve this date and spread the word to all who may be interested in attending. The conference is tentatively planned to run from 9:30 am on Wednesday, September 11 until Noon on Thursday, September 12, 2019. Contacts: Amy Pelka, 312/886-6785, firstname.lastname@example.org or Lynn Garrity, 614/506-0619, Lynn.Garrity@lakeerie.ohio.gov
- The 4th annual Understanding Algal Blooms on September 12, 2019 State of the Science conference will highlight current scientific knowledge related to algal blooms. Research and outreach leaders will present findings from recent studies and identify important areas of uncertainty.Conference registration rates:
- Early-bird Registration: $30 through August 2, 2019
- General Registration: $40 August 3-September 4, 2019
- Student Registration: $10
Expected audience includes academic researchers, state and federal agencies and the agricultural community interested in the latest algal bloom science and technology, with an expected audience largely from Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. Members of the academic research community, state and federal agencies and the agricultural community are especially encouraged to attend.
- Stranahan Theater Great Hall, 4645 Heatherdowns Blvd, Toledo, OH 43614 | Get Directions
- Alliance for the Great Lakes Clean Lake Benefit 2019 on September 19 at the great Lakes Brewing Company’s Tasting Room.Save the date for a festive evening at Great Lakes Brewing Company’s Tasting Room. Mingle with others who care about clean water, enjoy drinks and hors d’oeuvres, and learn what you can do to protect Lake Erie.Proceeds support our work to make Lake Erie – and all the Great Lakes – healthy, safe, and beautiful.
- 90th Anniversary of the Lyman Boat Works at Cedar Point September 22 – 25.The Progressive Cedar Point Boat and Demo Show held at Cedar Point Cedar Point Marina in Sandusky, Ohio has added a special attraction to this year’s show….the 90th Anniversary of the Lyman Boat Works in Sandusky, Ohio!The Lyman Boat Works started building their legendary wooden, lapstrake “clinker-built” rowboats in Cleveland, Ohio in 1875 and made the move west to Sandusky, Ohio in 1929 where the company survived the Great Depression building an array of custom boats and went on to grow the company into one of the prominent names in American power boating history.The attraction will include a Lyman Boat Works historical museum, Lyman Boats on display both in water and on land, Lyman Boat rides in Sandusky Bay, Lyman Boat Beer Works on tap, and Lyman Life clothing and accessories.
Need More Information on Events?
Check out the links below from Visitor Bureaus along Lake Erie’s shoreline.
Lake Erie Shores and Islands http://www.shoresandislands.com/
Lakeside Chautauqua http://www.lakesideohio.com/
Ohio Tourism http://ohio.gov/tourism/
Michigan Tourism http://www.michigan.org/
Pennsylvania Tourism http://www.visiterie.com/
Ontario Point Pelee http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/on/pelee/index.aspx