- The Great Lakes St. Lawrence Collaborative is hosting its first stakeholder webinar on Tuesday, February 5 from 10:00 to 11:30 am EST. The purpose of the webinar is to present thinking to date on recommendations under development, and to solicit stakeholder input early in the process. The webinar will be facilitated by Expert Panel Co-Chairs, Gord Miller, Former Environment Commissioner of Ontario, and Jean Cinq-Mars, former Quebec Commissioner of Sustainable Development.The Great Lakes St. Lawrence Collaborative is an independent, stakeholder-driven process to propose new and innovative ways to tackle four of the most challenging and imminent threats to the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence region:
- Toxins and other harmful pollutants
- Climate change
- Beaches and bacteriological contamination
- Cleveland will host the fifth Great Lakes Economic Forum from May 6-8. Cleveland and Ohio have long recognized the value of inter-state partnerships and cross collaboration with Canada. The Forum’s theme, From Partnership Flows Sustainable Prosperity, signifies that in today’s global economy, the two countries, along with regional governments, industry and academia, must work together like never before to create a stronger and more dynamic culture of collaboration in building the most prosperous, innovative, sustainable, and welcoming cross-border region in the world.
- The Great Lakes Conference has been rescheduled for May 8-9, 2019 in Detroit, Michigan. HOW Coalition staff would like to thank you all for your patience as we work through the logistics involved in postponing last month’s conference. We will be working to re-confirm as many of our original presentations, speakers, and field trips as we can in order to bring you the informative and exciting conference we originally planned. We can’t wait to see you in Detroit in May!Thanks, the Healing Our Waters – Great Lakes Coalition Team
- IAGLR will host a session entitled “Session 5: Microplastics in the environment: source, fate, impact, detection, and mitigation” at the June 10-14, 2019 conference. If you would like to share your research and experience in this topic, please submit an abstract by February 1, 2019 at: http://iaglr.org/iaglr2019/abstracts
- River Rally will host their event from June 21 – 24, 2019 in Cleveland along the banks of the Cuyahoga River. The program centers on four key issues central to accessing today’s water crisis explored through workshops, plenaries, and small group discussions for alignment and action. For more information click HERE.
Need More Information on Events?
Check out the links below from Visitor Bureau’s along Lake Erie’s shoreline.
Lake Erie Shores and Islands http://www.shoresandislands.com/
Lakeside Chautauqua http://www.lakesideohio.com/
Ohio Tourism http://ohio.gov/tourism/
Michigan Tourism http://www.michigan.org/
Pennsylvania Tourism http://www.visiterie.com/
Ontario Point Pelee http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/on/pelee/index.aspx