- Charity Wine Walk – Downtown Sandusky: Join us for an afternoon of tastings with our downtown merchants for a good cause…Lake Erie! Click HERE for more information. See HERE for LEF display table. Wine walk organizer Nikki Lloyd with LEF member Rick Graham toasting Lake Erie.
- Progressive Catawba Island Boat and Yacht Show: (April 26-28, 2019) Port Clinton, Ohio – Catawba Island Club.Register with The Catawba Island Boat & Yacht Show to gain access to:
– Access to VIP offers and experiences
– Be the first to know about show features and promotions
– News about the show and new boat in the show
– Vendor giveaways
– Schedules delivered right to your email
- Adopt-A-Beach Kick Off: By joining Adopt-a-Beach, you can make beaches even more beautiful! We’re kicking off spring on the Great Lakes this month and we can’t do it without you. Join people all over the lakes to clean up local beaches for Adopt-a-Beach Spring Kick-Off April 13th-29th. Be a part of the largest beach cleanup program in the region! Last year, Adopt-a-Beach volunteers picked up more than 35,000 lbs. of litter from Great Lakes shorelines, and we’re back at it this year. It all starts next month with Spring Kick-Off. Join today — sign up for a cleanup near you.
- Cleveland will host the fifth Great Lakes Economic Forum from May 6-8. Cleveland and Ohio have long recognized the value of inter-state partnerships and cross collaboration with Canada. The Forum’s theme, From Partnership Flows Sustainable Prosperity, signifies that in today’s global economy, the two countries, along with regional governments, industry and academia, must work together like never before to create a stronger and more dynamic culture of collaboration in building the most prosperous, innovative, sustainable, and welcoming cross-border region in the world.
- The Great Lakes Conference has been rescheduled for May 8-9, 2019 in Detroit, Michigan. HOW Coalition staff would like to thank you all for your patience as we work through the logistics involved in postponing last month’s conference. We will be working to re-confirm as many of our original presentations, speakers, and field trips as we can in order to bring you the informative and exciting conference we originally planned. We can’t wait to see you in Detroit in May! Thanks, the Healing Our Waters – Great Lakes Coalition Team
- 2019 Great Lakes Commission Semiannual Meeting: Registration is now open for the 2019 Great Lakes Commission Semiannual Meeting, to be held Wednesday, May 22, 2019 in Ann Arbor, Michigan!
- 2019 Great Lakes Semiannual Meeting: Please save the date for the 2019 Great Lakes Commission Semiannual Meeting, to be held Wednesday, May 22, 2019 in Ann Arbor, Michigan! The public portion of the meeting will begin with lunch and end with a reception in the early evening. More information, including an agenda and registration link, will be posted soon at www.glc.org/meetings/semi.We look forward to seeing you in Ann Arbor!
- The International Association fo Great Lakes Research (IAGLR) will host a session entitled “Session 5: Microplastics in the environment: source, fate, impact, detection, and mitigation” at the June 10-14, 2019 conference. If you would like to share your research and experience in this topic, please submit an abstract by February 1,2019 at: http://iaglr.org/iaglr2019/abstracts
- River Rally will host their event from June 21 – 24, 2019 in Cleveland along the banks of the Cuyahoga River. The program centers on four key issues central to accessing today’s water crisis explored through workshops, plenaries, and small group discussions for alignment and action. For more information click HERE.
- The annual Cuyahoga River Area of Concern (AOC Conference) symposium is scheduled for September 11 & 12, 2019 in Cleveland, Ohio.The United States Environmental Protection Agency and the Ohio Lake Erie Commission, in partnership with Ohio Environmental Protection Agency requests that you save the date for the 2019 Areas of Concern Annual Conference. Please mark your calendars, reserve this date and spread the word to all who may be interested in attending. The conference is tentatively planned to run from 9:30 am on Wednesday, September 11 until Noon on Thursday, September 12, 2019. Contacts: Amy Pelka, 312/886-6785, email@example.com or Lynn Garrity, 614/506-0619, Lynn.Garrity@lakeerie.ohio.gov
Need More Information on Events?
Check out the links below from Visitor Bureaus along Lake Erie’s shoreline.
Lake Erie Shores and Islands http://www.shoresandislands.com/
Lakeside Chautauqua http://www.lakesideohio.com/
Ohio Tourism http://ohio.gov/tourism/
Michigan Tourism http://www.michigan.org/
Pennsylvania Tourism http://www.visiterie.com/
Ontario Point Pelee http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/on/pelee/index.aspx