Description of Proposed Project:
The LakeErie Foundation and its local partners are seeking assistance from the University of Maryland to develop an ecosystem health report card or the Western Lake Erie basin.
Scope of Work:
the primary objective of this project is to collect data, review indicators, and synthesize both to effectively report the health of Western Lake Erie. To achieve this for discrete project tasks have been identified and are outlined below.
- Collate and review existing environmental information and data for Western Lake Erie
- Plan, organize and facilitate a workshop for scientists with local and expert knowledge of Western Lake Erie
- Data analysis and calculation of ecosystem health scores
- Plan, organize and facilitate a workshop to review ecosystem health scores
- Report card production and release
The project will take 16 months and conclude near the end of 2019. Funding for the study was provided by Lucas County, the city of Toledo, in the city of Oregon.