Your support for the Lake Erie Foundation allows us to:
- Advance our community outreach: Memberships start for as little as $25!
- Be a strong VOICE to help reduce harmful algae in Lake Erie now and to sustain its future.
- Ensure a 40% nutrient reduction in the western and central Lake Erie basins by 2025.
- Require manure to have the same phosphorus limits as commercial fertilizer (currently almost four times as much is allowed to place on fields).
- Support technology that reduces nutrient runoff from manure, field tiles, ditches, wastewater treatment plants, and failing septic systems to minimize nutrients flowing into Lake Erie
- Work with all Lake Erie stakeholders on issues that sustain and improve Lake Erie water quality and habitat, including efforts to address Asian Carp.
- Support funding for Great Lakes protection and restoration efforts, including the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI).
Throughout each year, the Lake Erie Foundation supports the health and wellbeing of the lake. We are advocates of economic sustainability, legal defense, education, outreach, and innovative sustainable technology. To review our yearly activities and accomplishments, please click here.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 419-301-3743.
With your contribution, we will work to ensure that Lake Erie’s waters can provide us safe water for drinking, fishing, and swimming. Lake Erie Foundation is a 501(c)(3) and your membership contribution is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Your help in building the Lake Erie Foundation is greatly appreciated.