Announcement: Executive Director Assistant:
The Lake Erie Foundation seeks a responsible Assistant to perform a variety of administrative, computer and clerical tasks. Duties to include, but not limited to: Providing support to Executive Director, Employees and Board Members. Managing general administrative activities for the Foundation. This requires an average of fifteen to twenty hours per week. Some hours may be remotely performed. For more information see Administrative Assistant – Job Description
Lake Erie Bulletins.
Blade ariticle featuring the Lake Erie Foundation. http://www.toledoblade.com/Editorials/2017/12/21/div-class-libPageBodyLinebreak-Where-are-all-the-volunteers-div.html
USEPA has reversed its previous decision to allow Ohio not to asses Ohio’s open Lake Erie’s waters regarding impairment.
Ohio has until April 18, 2018 to submit data on Lake Erie open Lake Erie waters that will or will not require Ohio to declare these waters impaired under the Clean Water Act. Recent reports from USEPA have showed that Ohio’s approach to reducing Lake Erie harmful algae is not enough. Here is a Toledo Blade article and editorial. The Lake Erie Foundation has long taken a position that Ohio needs to follow the Clean Water Act and declare the western Lake Erie waters impaired. The letter from USEPA to Ohio EPA is attached.
- Welland Tribune Article: Climate change may affect algal blooms: IJC
- Understanding and Solving Lake Erie’s Nutrient Problems by Jeffrey M. Reutter, retired director of Ohio Sea Grant
- Art Gallery Show Chronicles Lake Erie’s Icy Winter
- New Paper on Ag. Practices Presented at Lake Erie Foundation Event
- State is Not Powerless in Algae Battle
- The Threat is Now for Lake Erie
- Great Lakes Information Network
- Daily Satellite view Lake Erie Modis
- NOAA Lake Erie Algae Forecast
- Ohio Beach Closings
- The Environmental Working Group
- Healthy Lakes, Healthy Lives (Healing Our Waters)
- Great Lakes Commission
- Great Lakes Commission – 2004 Annual Report